OH NO MR BILL!

September 9, 2008

It is likely you’ve been to my blog before. If so, you may have noticed a change, a BIG change. As in OOPS! As in what happened to the header photo of the Art Predator at Burning Man 2007?

I was trying to find a theme which would be easier to read per reader request since the black with small white text gets tiring. When wham! Header gone!

This was a test, only a test of this theme. However, it now seems to be entranced with my blog and I can’t interrupt the burgeoning romance just yet.

I hope to return to regular broadcasting soon with my distinctive Burning Man 2007 image coasting across the top of my blog.

The good news is, this theme is much easier to read and while I was up struggling with this, rather than in bed sleeping, I won tickets on KCRW to see Michael Franti and Spearhead, also Ozomatli, Lila Downs, and Nortec Collective at the Hollywood Bowl in LA Sunday Sept. 21 at 7pm. Should be an awesome show! For a Micheal Franti sample, click below:

UPDATE: The header is back and I may have found a new theme. What do you think? Should I go back to the old dramatic black background which shows off images? or stay with the new softer easier to read but less edgy model? I wish I could remember how to do screen shots and show you the various themes I tried!

1. September 9, 2008 7:21 am

Woohoo. I love this theme. The header image is a pity but this so much easier to read and looks a lot more professional. And the winning of the tickets at the same time is a sign that whoever made that request was probably maybe possibly on the right track. Woohoo, free music, rage on,

2. September 9, 2008 7:22 am

And this one is cool too, can you believe it changed when I planted my comment. This one is cool as well,

3. September 9, 2008 7:24 am

yeah yeah i’m blundering on… my header is on my old computer but today i stumbled across the image on the blog elsewhere and might be able to get at it that way and try again

4. September 9, 2008 11:29 pm

So is this it now? This one is easy to read and very professional too. But I’m starting to think I liked the black one better. Hahahahah just kidding. Anything is better than black background I reckon but then I am old and my eyes are weary.

5. September 10, 2008 12:10 am

so far so good. it’s the best of the bunch in terms of meeting my design needs. i may switch back though–just watch me when you’re not looking!

6. September 10, 2008 12:13 am

one thing i realize i DON”T like is the text in the comments is way too small–both for composing and reading!

7. September 10, 2008 1:28 am

It is tiny. the comment text. But you can’t have everything, especially when it’s free. They say they are going to release quite a few over the next few months. We’ll see.