Join the 3:15 Experiment TONIGHT!
It’s July 31! That means it’s time to set your clocks for 3:15am and participate in the 3:15 Experiment, a writing experiment for poets/people who want to experience writing in a different non-drug induced state on consciousness, in this case, a between sleeps or hypnopompic/hypnogogic state of consciousness, where you are neither quite asleep or wide awake.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2014 3:15 EXPERIMENT:
- Begin at 3:15 AM on August 1. THAT’S TONIGHT. Continue each day until August 31.
- You may write any length, style, form, content, voice, rhythm, etc.
- DO NOT EDIT your work. This is raw stuff, baby. That’s part of the experiment. You are welcome to edit, collage, break apart the poems later for whatever purpose you choose, but please SHARE THE RAW STUFF with us on the website after the experiment.
- (Optional) Do not read what you have written until the month is over, except to skim the work to make sure everything is legible.
- TIP: do not use a felt tip pen unless you don’t care about ink stains on your bed. Many a poet has fallen asleep in the middle of writing.
- If you can help it, don’t even get out of bed! The point is to ride that dream state, that precarious point between sleeping and waking and sleeping.
Read more about the 20+ year history of the 3:15 Experiment here.
Learn more about how to participate in the 3:15 Experiment here–whether you are at Burning Man or traveling or at home!