Meet My New Steampunk Laptop!

April 16, 2010

According to the article “What is Steampunk,

Steampunk parties like it’s 1899, literally. Steampunk, as a subgenre of speculative fiction, may use alternate worlds, a dystopian future, alternate history, and so on, but always has at least one thing in common—the technology. In steampunk, the level of technology, regardless of how advanced it might seem, is always based on spring-propelled or steam propelled gadgetry, ergo the word “steampunk”.

I have really been getting into the whole Steampunk scene–so much so that I’m trading in my MacBook Pro for this Steampunk Laptop by DataMancer that I read about in this 2007 Wired Article about Steampunk gadgetry.

Not really. Unless it came with one of the cool Steampunk flying contraptions!

And as much as I love some of the Steampunk bikes I’ve seen, I’m sticking with my bikergo.

But we are having fun with the clothes! The children in the Bell Arts workshops during the past few weeks have come up with some fantastic creations! And just wait until you see my grommeted deconstructed reconstructed corset and skirt!

Please join us on Sunday, April 18! Dress up yourself and meet us at the Artists Union Gallery at 130pm for the ArtRide or join us at Bell Arts at 4pm for a talk from a Time Traveler from Ventura circa 1910 and for the Steampunk Couture Fashion Show!

1. April 20, 2010 6:40 am

I never knew about steampunk! Cool laptop – you wouldn’t get much work done on it though – if it’s steam propelled. That skirt sounds interesting.

2. July 15, 2010 4:20 pm

Didn’t realize you were into the steampunk scene. I’m a fan, too, mostly from afar. I don’t have any gadgets or clothes. I just admire. I’ve always liked the mixture of cultures and/or eras to create art. Like adding violin to DJ scratching. Anachronism is kewl.

3. wishjoy permalink
    August 2, 2010 5:14 am

Wow, cool input and links. Nice capture of the Burning Man Festival at the top of your blog. You must be awesome!

4. November 15, 2011 12:34 am

Love that laptop my cat crew needs one http://catavenger.net/ Iam new to Steampunk but think it’s cool. keep up the good work.

5. July 29, 2013 1:17 am

Poor me, I never heard about steampunk! But really I love the look of that laptop. It’s really cool.

6. July 29, 2013 8:14 am

Haha I’d like to think I’m awesome! And my husband took that photo of my son and I at Burning Man in 2007 a few months before I started this blog.