When I’m Chosen for The Best Job: 2

February 19, 2009

When  Queensland Tourism chooses me for the Best Job in the World as Caretaker of the Great Barrier Reef living on Hamilton Island from July – December 2009, I thought I’d ask them about inviting different people each month from the applicants who’ve participated in the discussion group here or from their short list of 50 to join me in various adventures. They could  share their experiences,  their perspectives, their skills and their FUN with me and the world!

How does that sound?

So, friends, if you want me to be able to consider inviting YOU, you have to get your video in by Sunday February 22!

There are lots of videos here to check out there already but here’s a good place to see the gossip about who will be on the short list and to see my profile page.

Where’s my name on the list? My video has been uploaded to their site and is being processed. Watch here starting Sunday for a direct link to my video on their site; in the meantime, you can watch it on YouTube IF YOU PROMISE TO WATCH IT IN HD!! And please promise to watch it again when it’s on the official site!! People are tracking the numbers of the most popular videos and getting mine on the site so late means it will be far far behind… Also, the audio isn’t quite synched right in HD in a couple spots. Do not worry. Technical teams are addressing these problems at this time.

Please rate the video with 5 stars!! And tell a friend (or Five Thousand!)

1. Reef Momma permalink
    February 19, 2009 6:01 am

That is such a great idea! I honestly have no idea how they are going to pick. There is some AMAZING work out there…. and it seems like the really good ones are showing up later in the game.

So far my favorite part of the whole thing? Inspiration. I’m so impressed by people! I have a pretty good idea who I’d have in my top fifty. Maybe I’ll blog about it!

2. February 19, 2009 6:09 am

Reef Momma, glad you like my idea! I think QT will too.

I hope you’ll come back and visit, put up your feet, have a drink! (I know a LOT about Aussie wine!) And next time, leave a link to your blog so we can check it out–and your video too!

3. February 19, 2009 6:36 am

I’m sorry I didn’t come sooner. With the kids, and Toughen Up, and it being a holiday this weekend (Yeah… Feb is COLD here- the the govt. shouted us a day off… They call it “Family Day” and I think we’re the only ones in Canada that gets it.) it was all I could do just to get my own application in. Now that I can’t worry about it anymore I’m looking for friends!

I am so impressed by your clean and professional entry. HD is so impressive and professional. Can I ask what program you used to cut your video together?

4. February 19, 2009 6:38 am

Can I feed you into my site?

5. February 19, 2009 6:56 am

feed me feed me! rss me!

I love love love all of your applications. Paul’s is ssoooooo romantic and lovely!

Thanks for the compliments on mine! My friend rented an HD camera and he’s an absolute whiz with final cut pro. I’m so lucky that he had the time over the weekend–he’s the dad of my son’s best friend so the kids were happy too to have lots of playtime together.

6. Tony Davis permalink
    February 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Gwendolyn, I remember seeing your video before and enjoying it. And I was on the ning site just duscussing the idea with Zellie, who I think could make top 50, of having guest bloggers….even using some of the QT salary to help bring over some of the more inspiring, but less fortunate candidates to hang on hamilton and add their voice to the project. Anyhow, wanted to give you and the idea and your blog the thumbs up. Good luck to you, us, and, these days, the whole planet.