Off to the Internat’l Food Bloggers Conference in Sacto & WBC Lodi!
As the summer draws to a close, before I head back to teaching, I’m attending two bloggers conferences, one on food and one on wine, where I will have the opportunity to share some ideas about wine, food, and writing! I’ll mostly be blogging about these on Wine Predator, with the occasional reblog here. I’m also hitting the trail — The Pacific Crest Trail is the plan to re-hike a Sierra section that I hiked 30 years ago! Now to finish packing and hit the road! This blog posts includes a few tips on how to pair wine and food as well as some tasting notes about two very wonderful Lodi area wines from Cantara Cellars.
This has been a wonderful summer to learn about wine– and food! This summer I’ve experienced
- Cusumano wine from Sicily with Sicilian food at Sotto in LA
- Justin wine and food at the winery’s restaurant where they only offer a five course tasting menu with pairings
- Rhone food and wine at their event and the meal that Sue prepared at home to pair with Rhone wines
- Italian food and wine CHEESE vegetarian dinner dinner that Sue prepared
- South African wine and food that Sue researched and prepared for August’s Wine Pairing Weekend post
And now I’m headed to the International Food Bloggers Conference in Sacramento with great food of course and wine too. Then I attend the Wine Bloggers Conference in Lodi which, believe it or not, has even better food and lots more wine!
I have always been fascinated and amazed by what happens when you pair wine with…
View original post 1,098 more words