For you Valentine: Art Predator’s “Kisses” poem & Radiohead’s “15 Steps” Grammy Video

February 9, 2009

Kisses published in ArtLife by Gwendolyn Alley

Happy February Full Moon and Happy Valentine’s Day Saturday!

I published the broadside above, “Kisses” in ArtLife Limited Editions as well as in a chapbook; both are available for sale! I am also working on a collection of my ArtLife pages and will let you know when all 3 dozen can be purchased in limited edition hardcover book! Let me know if you’re interested in one, please. Go here to see more broadsides.

For my next Valentine’s gift, I offer up Radiohead performing “15 Steps” with the USC Marching Band at the 2009 Grammy Awards: In Rainbows was nominated for album of the year. (I hope this video stays on YouTube long enough for you to see it! In the half hour since I found it and  now, it’s gone from 200 views to 700!)

What are YOU doing for Valentine’s? Do share!

I’m taking a slight break from my efforts to be a short listed candidate for the Best Job in the World as caretaker on Hamilton Island one of the 74 Whitsundays Islands of the Great Barrier Reef…

…and we’re going to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon and do some skiing where, if it’s clear, we will be able to see all the way to the Canyon! How’s that for spectacular!

Here’s a wonderful video of the Grand Canyon in winter with a full moon by David Gilmore with a graceful song “Snow Angels” by Namoli Brennet, The video gives you a taste of what’s in store for us–what snowy winter looks like nestled along the various sediments and outcroppings of the Grand Canyon, full moon and all. Except we’ll be in a LOT more SNOW!

We’ve been planning this Valentine’s trip to the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff for a few weeks; my dear friend Holly lives there and the long weekend off from school plus all the fresh snow that’s been falling this weekend makes it the perfect opportunity to spend time with her and her family.

No surprise, Good Morning America thought the fresh snow a great time to visit the Grand Canyon also! For a helicopter tour, go here. (Sorry about the ads but I couldn’t find it on You Tube yet!)

Take a ride on the Poetry Train! Check out Read Write Poem!

Oh, and those are my lips!

1. okathleen permalink
    February 9, 2009 9:45 pm

We only get wet snow in the UK.
    So for Valentine’s Day, we will be in Wales, where there is usually wet rain.

A test of any relationship….

2. February 9, 2009 10:32 pm

Great post, love the Grand Canyon footage, Love the kisses words and layout!

3. February 10, 2009 3:03 am

Great post…thank you for the Radiohead video. That performance gave me goosebumps! It was a beautifully organic performance and I was happy to watch it again here on your blog. :~)

4. February 10, 2009 7:02 am

Woo! I’m going to start calling you hotlips.

You’re starting your celebrating early. Good for you.

Baby and I are going to the Sunshine Coast (in B.C., not Australia) for a few days to celebrate V-Day, our 6 year anniversary, and my 41st birthday. One giant love fest! :-)

5. February 10, 2009 7:03 am

P.S. I STILL cannot get pics and vids to work on my wordpress blog and the help forum hasn’t been helpful… grrrrr!

6. February 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Great lips! And I love the falling Hersheys kisses beside the lips.

Your trip sounds like fun. I’ll be going to a bookstore for my cousin’s booksigning, among other things. Romance novel on Valentine’s Day seemed like a good fit.

7. February 11, 2009 7:14 am

Lucky you, Okathleen to go to Wales for Valentines! I am named after my great-grandfather’s sister–she lived in Wales her whole life and one day I’d like to go tot he graveyard where my relatives are buried.

Thanks Sweet! Glad you enjoyed it!

Yay Fledgling Radiohead fan! Did you see my post from last week with the Radiohead videos?

Happy happy happy to you Danika! Hope there’s some sunshine too! Sorry you’re still have troubles with your posts…

Thanks, Julia! Enjoy your novel–maybe in front of a warm fire?

8. February 12, 2009 11:45 am

What a beautiful kisses poem!

Congrats for publishing..

:D

Poetry Train: nature rules

9. February 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Good broadside – it spells ‘Valentine’ and ‘Love’. Nice work…

10. jdbrush permalink
    February 13, 2009 12:57 am

I really love how the word ‘slides’ works visually in this. Really nice. Have fun at the Grand Canyon.

11. February 13, 2009 8:47 am

thanks, gautami, tumble, and jdbrush! i’m still pleased myself with how it came out…and remember clearly the melted chocolates on the platen of the copy machine!

unfortunately, we had to cancel our grand cyn trip–my boys are too sick to go! but it does give me time this weekend to work on and hopefully finish my best job in the world application!