Thanksgiving trio of treats: Venus, Jupiter, new Moon plus Pluto in Capricorn & Uranus goes direct!

November 27, 2008
In a rare alignment, the crescent moon, and the planets Venus, ...
AP

Tue Nov 25, 8:31 PM ET

In a rare alignment, the crescent moon, and the planets Venus, center, and Jupiter shine above a farmhouse in the eastern pre-dawn sky, in this Nov. 10, 2004 file photo, in Brunswick, Maine. (AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty)

Venus, Jupiter and a crescent moon will line up for a game of leap frog for family viewing this Thanksgiving weekend in an unusual celestial event–one more thing to be thankful for!

After many of us complete our turkey feast, and before the tryptophan sedates, gather the family and stroll outdoors to see with the naked eye bright shining Jupiter and Venus at sunset to the west. With clear skies, the planets will be bright enough to be viewed even in cities.

According to editor of Sky and Telescope Alan MacRobert,  Jupiter and Venus will move closer until they will appear 2 degrees apart, which is about a finger width held out at arm’s length, by Monday and Tuesday. On Monday night, the two bright planets will be joined by a crescent moon.

All three will be visible to the naked eye around twilight in the southwestern sky Monday; for those of us who live on the west coast, the beach will be the place to be for unimpeded, memorable views.

“It’ll be a head-turner,” MacRobert said. “This certainly is an unusual coincidence for the crescent moon to be right there in the days when they are going to be closest together.”

According to AP, the moon is the brightest and smallest of the three and closest at 252,000 miles away. Venus, the second brightest, is 94 million miles away while giant Jupiter is 540 million miles away.

The three celestial objects come together from time to time, but often they are too close to the sun or unite at a time when they aren’t so visible. The next time the three will be as close and visible as this week will be Nov. 18, 2052, according to Jack Horkheimer, director of the Miami Space Transit Planetarium.

Jupiter will trek out of view but Venus and the crescent moon only will delight our eyes again on New Year’s Eve, MacRobert said.

The original story is here.

You can find a well written post on it here which has this image:http://astrocoffeehut.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/081126-1204-venus-jup.gif

With regards to an astrological outlook of upcoming celestial activities, astrology.com notes:

Rocking rolling times are ahead as two noteworthy astrological events happen within hours of each other. Pluto, the planet of transformation, regeneration and rebirth, enters Capricorn, the sign of the builder, on November 26. This is a much-heralded astrological event, since Pluto takes between 12 to 31 years to pass through a sign. It will remain in Capricorn until 2024. Talk about the need to transform and rebuild infrastructures will abound. In our personal lives, we will find transformation and change taking place as well.

Uranus turns direct on November 27. It’s not everyday that a planet turns direct on the same day as a new Moon, which adds to the intensity of this time. Astrologically, Uranus liberates you from the shackles of convention and applies pressure to change whatever is stagnant in your life. Uranus rules electromagnetic energy and is like a lightning storm that creates chaos as it cleans the air, revealing a fresh new world once the storm has cleared. It is a new day, almost a new year and the road ahead needs you to help pave it.

To know exactly what to expect with Uranus turning direct, review the placement of Uranus in your birth chart. If Uranus is direct in a chart, intuitive and inventive impulses flow on a regular basis. However, when Uranus is retrograde in a birth chart, rebellious urges tend to bottle up and then burst forth, seemingly out of nowhere.

Alpha Life Trends points out

Pluto rules power and mis-use of power. Pluto is also the energy, the motives, the integrity of the purpose of using Pluto’s power. Pluto is also the issues of the motives that are hidden within the person wielding power. Words can easily be used as a front, but it is Pluto’s energy and motives that point to the real purpose, the real goals for utilizing energy. These deep motives, even if they are unseen, will at certain times explode similar to the volcanic explosion that reveals the elements deep within.

For more about Pluto going direct in Capricorn, check out http://www.alphalifetrends.com/plutoincapricorn.html.

I haven’t figured out how to read whether something is retrograde in my chart–if anybody out there can tell me, I’d appreciate it!

Have a great Thanksgiving! May you get some beautiful heartfelt sky time in! We plan to head to the desert–Death Valley’s Saline Hot Springs or maybe Anza Borrego or any number of special places I am fortunate to be able to visit and commune with lots of sky.

In the comments, please share what YOU are thankful for!

1. November 27, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi art predator, I love the name it’s awesome.

Beautiful night sky pic you have in this post. Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my blog, much appreciated. Astrology and working out your own chart is something that has always intrigued me. It’s like ……. one of these days I’ll have a go.

The banner in my blog I actually created myself in photoshop, it was fun to do too.

Cheers
    Malice :)

2. November 27, 2008 10:59 pm

Wow, you’ve been blogging for a year and you only made 35,000 hits. That’s like, weird. Up to now you should have a popular blog. I’ve been blogging for almost a year too. Secretly I made a blog last year on dec. then quit feb. and created the current one I have now.

3. November 27, 2008 10:59 pm

I make am starting to make 5,000 hits in a month now.

4. November 27, 2008 11:27 pm

Gardenaz, thanks for checking out my blog! I think stats really depends on what your blogging about, and your efforts in developing a community. My blog has a lot of poetry–and there’s a lot of poetry out there! I notice you are running contests and doing themes and things and that helps build stats and your community. It seems like you’ve invested a lot of energy to build your stats. My blog’s readership has grown steadily, which makes me happy. Last month I had nearly 5,000 page views and this month I have almost 4000 with a few days to go.

Mailice, you are doing some cool photo work! Thanks for stopping by! Next time, I hope you’ll get a chance to check out my broadsides!

5. November 29, 2008 1:06 am

Yeah, like this story, thanks for posting it.

6. j.k.lynn permalink
    November 29, 2008 7:53 pm

This is fascinating, art predator! I love learning new things and I know very little about astronomy. Thanks for all the awesome comments on my blogs and I am looking forward to reading more from both of yours!

PS- You were spot on about the avocados! :)

7. December 1, 2008 9:50 pm

The simplest things can be the most beautiful, hope you had a wonderful time.

8. December 1, 2008 10:23 pm

yes, so true jazzyjeph! we didn’t make it out to the desert after all but we live on the coast and it has been clear these nights for us to enjoy the sight!

That’s funny, JK, about the avos! Glad you learned something new today here! yay!

1. 3:15 Experiment Poem: August 5, 2001–rethink « art predator